Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rainy days Ginger snaps and the Kitchen

We had a storm last week. Not wind blowing, and rain pouring, but close to biblical proportions of wind and rain. There were 10 inches of rain in the mountains and SJ got 2.5 inches of rain all in one little itty bitty day. There were trees downed and power out over 60% of the Bay area. And then it was over and the sun came out. Craziness!! I remember when Marty was a lad, he loved the wind and rain. He would get down on his little haunches by the sliding glass door and he would rub his hands together really fast with a happy smile on his face and he would say, I love it when the wind blows and it rains. I tried to catch pictures of the raindrops as they fell, but they don't show in these pictues. I don't have one of those fancy cameras and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to set it so the raindrops would show. But you have to use your imagination in these pictures and see the rain drops and the trees swaying in the wind. What else do you do on rainy days but bake cookies!!!
Ginger Snaps 3/4 C Butter 2 C Sugar 2 eggs 1/2 C molasses 2 tsp white vinegar 3 3/4 C flour (white or wheat) 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 3 tsp ginger 1/2 tsp ground cloves 1/2 tsp cinnamon Mix together in order given Shape into one inch balls and roll in sugar Bake for 12 minutes at 325F YUM!!!
The kitchen is about 99 % finished. Everyone has run out of steam so it will take some time to get the job done 100%. Sorry that it looks messy, but I was baking and cooking but I wanted to get these on the blog. You know I'm not a perfect housekeeper anyway, so why pretend. I love the new colors. They are so bright and sunny and cheerful. Toodles!! l

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive