Friday, March 4, 2011

another unsolved mystery

There are so many things in the world to puzzle about. Like, why can't people all over the world get over themselves and get along and why does everything that tastes good have to be bad for you. I'm sure that one day all these mysteries will be solved, but here's one that I don't think will ever be solved. This little handknit was being made for a friend from two different yarns that I had left over. I love knitting baby things because they are quick and they always fit. I washed the sweater and layed it out to block it like I always do and went about my business. That night I checked the sweater and one sleeve had changed color. Just one sleeve, so what was different about that one sleeve. all the same yarn. It's faded on both sides of the sleeve so it can't be the light hitting it because the other side was down. It looked OK when I first laid it out to block, but somewhere between then and now, it changed. I have ripped out that sleeve and I plan on re-knitting it and still giving it. Maybe it's a poltergeist thing. Just another unsolved mystery????

1 comment:

  1. PRETTY FREAKY! i'll take it if your friend does not want it now! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive