Now that you are turning 21 I’d like to humbly offer you some advice. I know you’re not asking for advice. I know I’m not an expert at life… but none the less, these are some things that I found to be true and helpful. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love Grandma
1. Raw honey and fine sugar or baking soda make a really lovely face scrub. True. Try it!
2. Eat something green everyday.
3. Chill out on the Facebook. Seriously. It’s not real life.
4. Learn how to sew something. Anything. At least learn how to sew your buttons back on your shirts.
6. Don’t gossip, it’s small minded and hurtful.
6. Make lists and knock em out, cross em off, get things done.
7. Look people in the eye and really listen when they speak. It’s real, and It’s the opposite of Facebook.
9. When things get difficult, always, always trust in Heavenly Father. If we didn’t have tough times, we wouldn’t become better.
9. Don’t drink … ever.
10. Be gracious. Always say thank you when someone does something nice for you.
11. If a guy is a jerk, eat an ice cream cone and move the heck on. He will never change and you are worth more than that.
12. Remember, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vineger. Be kind and forgiving.
13. Make a list of the things that are really important and honor it.
14. Pull your hair back and wear pretty earrings. Own it.
15. Make things for people.
16. Don’t be afraid of being overdressed. Dresses are pretty and heels are awesome. But! If the heels make you walk like a robot… go with flats
17. Appreciate what you have and show it by the way you live your life.
18. Buy your friends random gifts… it’s just a nice thing to do.
19. Don’t be afraid of looking dumb, asking a stupid question, falling on your face, getting rejected, or being otherwise embarrassed. It happens to everyone and we are better for it.
20. Read your scriptures and say your prayers everyday. It really does make a difference.
21. Work hard at the thing that you love. Like… really hard. Don’t let anyone tell you that it’s dumb. If they do tell you it’s dumb… work harder and prove them wrong. But don’t rub it in their face- just be gracious, and wear pretty lipstick, and smile, and keep working.